Saturday, March 29, 2014

Come on, Spring!!

WHEN will winter finally end?!Smiley  It seems like spring is so very slow to start this year!  I wish I could make it move along faster but I can't, so... here's a butterfly!


I made this card last year, and I thought it looked rather lifelike, sitting there on our back fence like that!  All that sunshine and bright color... sigh!

To make this card, I stamped the swallowtail background stamp (SU) onto plain vellum using Jet Black StazOn ink.  I colored the front of the butterfly with markers and adhered only the body to the center of the card.  I folded back the wings slightly to make it look like it just fluttered down there to rest for a minute in the sunlight.  :)  This card won't fit into a standard-sized envelope but there are punch boards out there now that let you create your own envelope of any size, if you are so inclined.  Tomorrow it's supposed to get close to 60 degrees, and I can't wait!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...