Yesterday I went in for a 60-minute, full-body relaxation massage. It was heavenly. It was only my second massage EVER, since I have a hard time spending money on that kind of thing for myself... although for some reason I have no trouble spending money on stamping supplies! But this particular visit was a birthday gift from my thoughtful parents, and it was really just what I needed! A great spring break treat for myself! Anyway, as I was lying there all relaxed, my mind began to drift and suddenly the idea for this card popped into my head. I was kind of worried that I wouldn't remember it when I got home, but I did, and here it is! Funny how good for my creativity a little relaxation can be.
Stamps: SU Pleasant Poppies, Kanji
Paper: GKD 110lb ivory, SU Rich Razzleberry and Very Vanilla
Inks: SU Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, StazOn Timber Brown
Accessories: Post-it tape for masking, sponge wedges, SU Apothecary Accents and Circle dies, aquapainter, dimensional foam adhesive
To make this card, I inked up part of the Pleasant Poppies stamp with StazOn Timber Brown and stamped it a bit lower down on the paper and towards the left side. Then I used my aquapainter and inkpads to watercolor the stems, buds, and blooms with Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry inks. When the inks were completely dry, I covered the buds and flowers (not the stems) with masks that I made by stamping onto Post-it tape and cutting them out. This took a little time, but I saved the masks by sticking them to the inside of my stamp case so I'll have them for future projects. Once the masks were in place, I sponged Old Olive and Crumb Cake ink onto the card panel, coming in from opposite corners and getting lighter towards the middle. Then I removed the masks from the flowers and buds (this is why they look so bright next to the more shadowy sponging around them - especially that flower on the lower left, woot!). Finally I created my sentiment by stamping the "love" image onto Very Vanilla and die cutting it with a circle die. I sponged around it lightly with Old Olive and adhered it to a Rich Razzleberry piece cut from the Apothecary Accents dies. This was popped up with dimensional foam at the end.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!