Saturday, March 29, 2014

Relaxed body, creative mind?

Yesterday I went in for a 60-minute, full-body relaxation massage.  It was heavenly.  It was only my second massage EVER, since I have a hard time spending money on that kind of thing for myself... although for some reason I have no trouble spending money on stamping supplies!Smiley  But this particular visit was a birthday gift from my thoughtful parents, and it was really just what I needed!  A great spring break treat for myself!  Anyway, as I was lying there all relaxed, my mind began to drift and suddenly the idea for this card popped into my head.  I was kind of worried that I wouldn't remember it when I got home, but I did, and here it is!  Funny how good for my creativity a little relaxation can be.




Stamps:  SU Pleasant Poppies, Kanji
Paper:  GKD 110lb ivory, SU Rich Razzleberry and Very Vanilla
Inks:  SU Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, StazOn Timber Brown
Accessories:  Post-it tape for masking, sponge wedges, SU Apothecary Accents and Circle dies, aquapainter, dimensional foam adhesive
-----------------------------------------------------

To make this card, I inked up part of the Pleasant Poppies stamp with StazOn Timber Brown and stamped it a bit lower down on the paper and towards the left side.  Then I used my aquapainter and inkpads to watercolor the stems, buds, and blooms with Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry inks.  When the inks were completely dry, I covered the buds and flowers (not the stems) with masks that I made by stamping onto Post-it tape and cutting them out.  This took a little time, but I saved the masks by sticking them to the inside of my stamp case so I'll have them for future projects.  Once the masks were in place, I sponged Old Olive and Crumb Cake ink onto the card panel, coming in from opposite corners and getting lighter towards the middle.  Then I removed the masks from the flowers and buds (this is why they look so bright next to the more shadowy sponging around them - especially that flower on the lower left, woot!).  Finally I created my sentiment by stamping the "love" image onto Very Vanilla and die cutting it with a circle die.  I sponged around it lightly with Old Olive and adhered it to a Rich Razzleberry piece cut from the Apothecary Accents dies.  This was popped up with dimensional foam at the end.  

Thanks for looking, and have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...