Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pond Lotus

It is such a gorgeous day out today!  I've been doing a lot of flower cards lately because I just can't wait to start seeing some blooms outside!  Today's card was inspired by some photos I saw on Google; you know, in the Japanese gardens where they somehow tint the pond water black to make the reflections more striking?  Anyway, this is what I came up with:


Stamps:  SU People Like You
Ink:  Versamark, SU Midnight Muse, Blushing Bride, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Summer Sun, StazOn Jet Black
Paper:  SU Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Midnight Muse, Blushing Bride
Accessories:  White EP, brads, masking paper, SU small oval punch, Certainly Celery marker, white gel pen, aquapainte, black Sharpie

---------------------

I love it, woo hoo!  To start this card, I heat embossed the lotus flower with white embossing powder and also created a mask for it on Inkadinkado masking paper.  I cut out the mask, placed it over the lotus, and sponged the whole background with Midnight Muse ink.  Then I stamped the lotus again, upside down, in black ink for the reflection and colored it in with a black Sharpie.  I removed the mask and watercolored the lotus using Summer Sun, Blushing Bride, Pretty in Pink, and Melon Mambo inks.  I added water lines with a white gel pen and some lily pads with an oval punch.  I sponged the lily pads and drew on some "freckles."  I think lily pads have freckles, right?  Smiley  ...OK I just googled it and discovered that lotuses and lilies are different plants.  Sigh.  Lotuses are supposed to have leaves, not lily pads.  Welp, ya learn something every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...