Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring WILL come!

This week the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge was to make a card that used the colors Old Olive, Summer Starfruit, and Pool Party.  I did NOT think those three colors went together at all, until I did this card.  I think they're kind of cute now!  I never know what to do with Summer Starfruit because it's kind of an in-betweeny greenish yellow.  Not really a "pretty" color, in my opinion.  But it does a nice job of setting off other colors, like the Pool Party.


Stamps:  SU So Very Grateful, Inkadinkado Polka Dot Background
Ink:  StazOn Jet Black, SU Old Olive, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit
Paper:  SU Old Olive, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Whisper White
Accessories:  SU Deco Labels Framelits, Summer Starfruit grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" Scor-tape, SU markers in Old Olive, Summer Starfruit, and Pool Party

---------------------------

I just love that huge stripey ribbon at the top!  This card has a "hinge" where the ribbon is, so it is scored underneath and opens at the score line.  When I put the white panel onto the background I thought it looked a bit plain, so I pulled out my striped embossing folder and ran it through for some texture.  I chose to have the stripes run vertically on the card, so that it would mimic the striped ribbon without being too repetitive.  The polka dots on the focal image are there to accentuate the blue (since that's really the "pretty" color on this card!), and they also add a little feminine cutesiness to balance the more structured stripes.  I colored the flowers in with my aquapainter and inkpads, and I colored and cut out extras of some of the flowers so that I could pop them up on foam adhesive for some dimension.

Here is the inside:


I'm going to put this in a friend's mailbox at work on Monday.  She and I both love to garden, and I'll bet she is waiting for spring as much as I am.  We just got another 9+ inches of snow last night, but I am keeping the faith that spring is just around the bend!  Smiley  I thought this sentiment would be a cute encouragement, as we watch our grass get covered up with the white stuff AGAIN.  On the bright side, it's warming up today and snow is falling off of the trees in large, heavy clumps.  Each time one lands, I feel like shouting at winter: "Take THAT!  And THAT!"  ...Perhaps all the cabin fever is starting to affect my sanity, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...