Saturday, April 5, 2014

Teal Chevron Inspiration Challenge

For today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers we were supposed to browse this nail art website to get inspiration for a card.  I chose this photo as my inspiration:

 
I think the chevron pattern in all the different shades of teal is really cute!  If my nails weren't naturally shaped like stubby little half circles, I might consider doing something fun with them... sigh.  I will never be a hand model, and I am OK with that. Smiley And of course, I just happen to have a stamp that looks just like that nail art - it was meant to be!  Here's my Spring Blues card:



Stamps:  SNSS Nature's Silhouettes, SU Fabulous Florets, SU Petal Parade
Ink:  SU Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Not Quite Navy, StazOn Jet Black
Paper:  Su Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Paper snips, Post-it notes for masking, dimensional foam adhesive, sponge wedges, SU markers in the same colors as the ink pads above

--------------------------------

I kind of mixed two different art styles here - the modern, geometric chevrons with the more realistic, soft nature scene.  I'm not sure they totally work together, but it was in my head and it just had to come out, so there it is!  To make this card I colored the chevron stamp randomly with all 5 markers and stamped it onto white cardstock.  I cleaned off the stamp and repeated this 10 times, trying not to color the stamp the same way each time.  I cut out each chevron and popped them up on the card with dimensional adhesive.  

For the center panel I masked off half an inch on the top and bottom with post it notes, and then sponged ink onto the cardstock, starting with Pool Party.  I covered the whole piece with that color, then moved to the next darkest ink (Coastal Cabana) and sponged in only about half way.  I kept moving to darker inks, covering less of the cardstock each time.  I stamped the flowers repeatedly across the panel and removed the post it masks.  Finally I stamped the sentiment and assembled the card.  This was a fun challenge!  Hope your Saturday is going well.  I went out without a coat today, WAHOO!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...