Monday, June 30, 2014

Midwestern Sunset on Canvas... almost

OK, it's not really canvas... but I love the texture of this paper, don't you?  For today's card I was playing along with SCS's CAS challenge, which was to create a sunset.  I think this stamp always reminds me of a country road here in the Midwest.  And I love creating sunsets and sunrises for my cards.  


I think the canvas texture adds so much to the panel.  It makes me feel even more like an artist, ha ha!  The only thing is, it seems like the paper is sort of plasticky and non-porous, so my dye inks aren't really drying on the surface.  If you look carefully you can see a slight thumb-print on the left side near the sentiment, where I was holding the card (long after I finished it).  I have never seen dye inks dry so slowly, grrrr!  Does anyone know of another brand of canvas-textured paper that is more absorbent?  I would love to make more cards like this but I'm afraid it will smudge in the mail.  Maybe it just needs a LONGGG time to dry.  Would love to hear from any other stampers who have found some good textured paper!

---------------

Stamps:  SU Curly Cute, Stampscapes Gulls, Stampscapes Curvilinear Road

Ink:  SU Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Peach Parfait, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Versafine Black Onyx, StazOn Jet Black

Paper:  SU Early Espresso, Canson Canva-Paper

Accessories:  Post-its, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge wedges, eyeshadow applicators

1 comment:

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...