Monday, June 30, 2014

Sunset by the Lake; Watercolor on Canva-Paper

Two posts in one day, wow!  But I was really excited about this project and I didn't want to wait.  Check it out!


For this card I used the same canva-paper that I used in the previous card, and I figured out that I have to really dry it in between layers of ink, as well as at the end of the project.  I did not intend to create a water scene here, actually.  I was going for a meadow/grassland scene, but the blue ink just decided to take over and suddenly I had a lake there.  So I added some Tumbled Glass, because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.  It was a happy accident, and I LOVE the way it turned out!  This card is in the "polaroid layout," which means there is a wider frame at the bottom of the image than at the top or sides.  I wanted to embellish the bottom of the frame, but I didn't want the decorations to draw attention away from the main watercolored image, so I chose translucent white washi tape with a delicate neutral script, a single strand of linen thread, and a sparkly but clear button.  No extra color to distract the eye from the painting.  And by the way, I just love the messages in that washi tape.  "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you've imagined" (attributed to Thoreau).  It's one of my all-time favorite quotes and one that I try to remind myself of often.

-------------------

Stamps:  Stampscapes Fir Row 243A

Ink:  Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Scattered Straw, SU Old Olive

Paper:  SU Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Canson Canva-Paper

Accessories:  Washi tape (I don't remember what brand), SU linen thread and vintage faceted button, SU squares framelits, watercolor brush

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card-love the scene you created on this canvas paper-I like the simplicity of the washi tape with sentiment across the bottom-congrats again on being picked as the CC fave from last week

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOW I am so taken with this!!!! Lovely color arrangement!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...