Saturday, July 12, 2014

Autumn Gold, Inspiration Challenge


Hello, on this rainy Saturday!  A good day to stay in and stamp.  :)  Today's inspiration challenge comes from a gorgeous website called The Perfect Palette.  It's got stunning photos of wedding ideas, organized by color.  You can click on your favorite colors and search for ideas and inspiration that way.  It's absolutely breathtaking photography!  My favorite was this particular photo shoot: An Autumn Affair.   I just love the rich, earthy autumn colors with gold and plum and tawny browns.  For my card, I was particularly inspired by the blues and golds in these two photos:



Doesn't that blue just pop against all the golds and browns?  I LOVE IT!!  I had some patterned paper from K&Company, left over from a project I did last year.  I still had the gold embossing paste and the stencil from my last card lying out, so I used them along with Pool Party and Midnight Muse cardstock to create this:

 

I love all the texture on this card, and stenciling the embossing paste over patterned paper adds some visual depth, I think.  If you are looking for color inspiration for your home decor, a crafting project, or your own artwork, you should really check out The Perfect Palette.  I am always in awe of good photographers, especially those who capture nature or people in their shots.  Their subjects are always moving and changing, and they have to try and catch that perfect moment or it's gone.  I just take photos of my cards, which is easy because I can walk away and they'll sit there waiting for me as long as I need them to.  I admire photographers who can take a fleeting, passing moment in time and preserve it forever.  Really cool. 

---------------

Stamps:  SU Elementary Elegance
Ink:  SU Midnight Muse
Paper:  SU Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Whisper White, K&Company patterned paper
Accessories:  Wendy Vecchi gold embossing paste, Heidi Swapp stencil, SU Bird Builder punch, Not Quite Navy ribbon, Little Leaves sizzlit, adhesive rhinestone, black Sharpie, sponge wedge, Square Lattice TIEF, Artisan Label punch, foam adhesive, glue dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...