Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bright Swallowtail Cutaway

Good morning!  Today I am playing along with Tuesday's color challenge, which is to use Old Olive, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight on a card.


For dessert our option is to make the card a non-standard size, which means anything but A2.  These bright colors are fun to play with this time of year - everything is blooming and full of color outside and it just makes me happy!  Look, even one of our flower beds is playing along with the challenge today, LOL!


Those are cucumbers and herbs in the pots on the patio.  If you look closely, you can tell that I took the photo through the screen.  :)  Anyway, I went with a butterfly image for my card today.  They are out among the flowers and I just love to see them visit our yard.  The breeze is wonderful out there, but it kept trying to blow my card open as I was photographing it!


I trimmed it down so the finished size is 4" x 4 1/2" - slightly smaller than a standard A2 size.  The front of the card is cut away to follow the contours of the butterfly's wing.  I did a similar card like this a while ago, but it was all on one layer; very CAS.  This one is colored with SU markers, and the butterfly is outlined with Copic marker WG1 for a little shadow.  Thanks for looking today! 

-----------------

Stamps:  GKD Elegant Post, SU Swallowtail background

Ink:  StazOn Jet Black

Paper:  SU Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Whisper White

Accessories:  SU markers in Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive, Copic Marker WG1

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, Naomi! You used one of my favorite stamps and in a way I haven't seen before. I love the mat detailing following the lines of the butterfly -beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...