I'm going to be honest, I think the next couple of posts are going to feature more of this stamp. I hope you don't get too tired of it in the next day or two because I have at least 5 more ideas for what to do with it, and they're all different! Today's peacock was inspired by a Google image search I did for "white peacock." If you do this search, prepare to be awestruck by the beauty of nature. Behold!
I KNOW, RIGHT? Yes, they are real!
I think it looks like a wedding dress! So I decided to make my peacock along those same lines, adding tons of sparkly rhinestones to the tail like a bride's train:
Here's a different angle that I hoped would show off the sparkly tail a bit better:
I used 41 rhinestones, if I counted correctly! Whew!
To make this card, I started with a piece of white cardstock that was 3 3/4" x 5 1/2". I stamped the entire peacock image once in StazOn Jet Black. Then, after cleaning off my stamp really well, I inked up only one of the rose branches and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to add another branch to each side of the original image. This extends the branch out to the edges of the cardstock so the peacock doesn't look like he's unnaturally floating on a detached branch in space. I colored in the branches, flowers and leaves with markers, went over them with a Versamarker and heat set them with clear embossing powder so that they would resist the brayering that I was planning to do next.
I punched out a circle from a Post-it note and stuck it over the peacock's head area, and brayered Primrose Petals from the top down, getting lighter towards the bottom. I used a sponge wedge to apply Old Olive ink from the bottom up, blending where the two colors met. I removed the circle mask and sponged some Barely Banana ink into the moon area. Then I used a dry paper towel to wipe any excess ink off of the branches/leaves/flowers.
Finally, I stamped the peacock again onto a scrap of white cardstock using StazOn Jet Black. I fussy-cut him out (not worrying about his crest or the little doodly-doos on the edges of his tail. Because he was stamped in black on white paper and left plain, he was looking kind of flat. So I tried to give him some "roundness" by using Copic marker WG1 to do some light shading around his breast, neck, and where his back and tail feathers overlapped all the way down. I colored his beak orange and I adhered him onto the stamped image, lining him up over the already-stamped peacock. My white gel pen is out of juice, so I dabbed a teeny dot of white acrylic paint into each little feather on his crest so that they would stand out against the yellow moon. Finally, I added all the rhinestones, one to the center of each tail feather, and assembled the card. This card took quite a bit of time to make, but I'm really happy with the finished product! Thanks for looking! :)
Stamps: SU Perfect Peacock
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Barely Banana, Primrose Petals, Old Olive
Paper: SU Rich Razzleberry, Barely Banana, Whisper White
Accessories: SU rhinestones, SU markers in Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Peach Parfait, white acrylic paint, Copic marker WG1 (warm gray), Versamarker, clear EP, stamp-a-ma-jig, post it, 1 3/4" circle punch, sponge wedges, scissors, brayer