Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hilltop Eagles: Card and Wall Art

Today's card is a variation on yesterday's card.  I can't get enough of the watercolor/canvas look!  This time I did a hillside scene with two eagles on the hunt for their breakfast.  :)


I stamped the smaller trees in Always Artichoke ink, then masked off the hill and stamped them a couple more times after stamping off to make the background trees lighter, as if they are farther away.  I also added some sponging to the big pine in the foreground because after I stamped it the branches were looking a little sparse.  I did have to go in with a marker and darken up the birds too, because stamping on the Canva-Paper sometimes results in a patchy impression - since the paper is so textured.  But a fine-tip marker makes all the difference!

And by this time, I was so jazzed by the card that I naturally had to make a wall art piece (below).  Including the two mats, the total dimensions are for an 8x10 frame.  The painted/stamped piece itself is 5x7:




Because of the slick-ish surface of the paper, I was able to go in with a baby wipe after the sky was dry and swipe off some of the blue to make a hint of clouds.  Fun!

And now I'm off to dry some parsley from the garden, bring the car in for a check-up, and help Brian haul more dirt for our newest raised bed out back.  Lots to do!

----------------------------
Stamps:  SU Lovely as a Tree, Stampscapes Gulls (ahem, just pretend they're eagles), Stampscapes Fir Row

Ink:  SU Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain

Paper:  SU Early Espresso, GKD 120lb white, Canson Canva-Paper

Accessories:  SU Chocolate Chip and Early Espresso markers, post it for masking, watercolor brush, washi tape, SU linen thread, SU vintage faceted button

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is lovely :) I just came by to say thanks for the sweet comments on my card on splitcoast. Your cards are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, I happened to see this card on Splitcoast via FB. I don't get a chance to browse around a lot looking at what other people create but I had to let you know your card is lovely. I enjoyed browsing through a bunch of your posts and seeing what else you've created...even though I should have been sleeping! lol

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...