Monday, July 14, 2014

It's a Two-Fer!

Hello there!  Today I have a card for you that covers two challenges at Splitcoast - the technique challenge and the CAS color palette.  Here's my card:

The technique for today was an interesting one - stamp, punch, separate, in that order.  For the sweet little pair of lovebirds here, I first sponged an ombre gradation of shade onto whisper white cardstock, using Blush Blossom, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Calypso Coral.  I chose these three colors along with the Pear Pizzazz for the background because of the color palette for today.  Look, isn't it a gorgeous collection?

I love those peachy pinks in the flower - my favorite!  Then on to the technique challenge.  I stamped the dotted swirls from the Hero Arts "Magical" background stamp onto my sponged ombre piece using Versamark ink, and then heat embossed it in gold.  I punched out the two birds, making sure to get one from the lighter side of the sponging and one from the darker side so it would look like a little male and female with their different coloring.  I separated them a little on the branch there, and I think that's all we had to do for the challenge - stamp, punch, and separate!  The Pear Pizzazz background is brayered from the bottom up.  Originally I had put a piece of plain Pear Pizzazz cardstock there, but it was looking too flat and boring.  Instead I decided to use ink to make the background color because it's more translucent and looks to me like light filtering through the tree tops.  The little pop of Blackberry Bliss provides a crisp contrast to the other gentle colors, and grounds them so they aren't too soft and vague.  I hope you enjoyed the card for today!  Have a great week!
-----------------
Stamps:  Hero Arts Magical Background, GKD Elegant Post
Ink:  SU Blackberry Bliss, Pear Pizzazz, Blush Blossom (retired), Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Versamark
Paper:  SU Kraft, Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss
Accessories:  SU Bird Builder Punch, Little Leaves Sizzlit, adhesive pearls, black Sharpie, gold embossing powder, foam adhesive, brayer    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...