Thursday, July 10, 2014

Miss You a Latte: Texture Challenge

Yet another perfect, gorgeous day here in the Twin Cities!  I spent this morning out in the garden picking green beans and planting a second bed of peas for an early fall harvest.  Thank goodness for mosquito repellant though; it sure makes summer a lot more enjoyable, and I am not kidding!


They hide under my bean plants and swarm up to eat me alive every time I want to pick something.  At least the Japanese beetles aren't too bad yet this year.  Always something to be thankful for!

Today's card challenge is to create a card with lots of TEXTURE.  I used ribbon, a rhinestone, gold embossing paste, and lots of popped up layers.  Take a look:



Isn't that gold embossing paste luscious?  It looks so beautiful next to the blackberry color there.  For the background panel on this card, I inked up one side of my hexagon embossing folder, misted it with water, and closed it over a piece of So Saffron cardstock.  I brayered lightly over it and then removed it, to get that patchy hexagon pattern you see in the top right corner.  When it was dry, I used a palette knife to spread gold embossing paste through a stencil, removed it and let that dry.  The coffee cup is colored with SU's new blendabilities.  The embossing paste really shines in the light; I love the combination of that golden yellow and the rich blackberry against a neutral kraft card base. 

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

---------------------
Stamps:  SU Perfect Blend, Petite Petals, What's Brewin', Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink:  SU Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake, Memento Tuxedo Black, Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive
Paper:  SU Kraft, Blackberry Bliss, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  SU Circles and Starburst dies, Petite Petals punch, rhinestone, Blackberry Bliss ribbon, Hexagon TIEF, Wendy Vecchi gold embossing paste, Heidi Swapp stencil (I can't remember the name of it), brayer, palette knife, scissors, foam adhesive, SU blendabilities in Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...