Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Monarchs in the Grass

Hi everyone!  This morning I have a card for you that I made to fit today's sketch challenge.  Here's the sketch we had to play with:


During the summer I try to go on a 2-3 mile walk in the mornings.  We have a beautiful wooded trail near our house, and it's perfect for getting out into nature and enjoying the fresh air before it gets too hot.  Usually I take a look at what the day's card challenges are on Splitcoaststampers, and then as I go on my walk I think about what kind of card I want to make for the challenge.  Today as I was walking past an area full of tall grass, I noticed a gorgeous, solitary Monarch butterfly sitting perched there about 3 yards away from me.  It was so lovely!  I know that Monarchs are disappearing, and I felt so grateful for the gift of encountering this beautiful creature.  I stood and watched it for a while and said a little prayer for its protection.  Suddenly I knew what I wanted to do for today's card.  Here's what I came up with:


I turned the sketch on its side, so that the three background panels run vertically.  Then I used a row of punched-out butterflies for the horizontal panel.  For the grasses, I used the brush tip of three different SU Stampin' Write markers to quickly swipe across the white cardstock, always swiping in single strokes in one direction.  I used a black Sharpie to color the little rhinestones for the butterflies' bodies, and I popped them up on foam adhesive.  This is exactly how the butterfly I saw today was perched in the grass.  I hope you enjoyed this card and that you get a chance to go outside for a little bit today to experience nature's beauty.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

---------------

Stamps:  SU Papillon Potpourri, Fabulous Phrases

Ink: Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper:  SU Gumball Green, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories:  SU Stampin' Write markers in Gumball Green, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, and Pumpkin Pie, adhesive rhinestones, Elegant Butterfly punch, foam adhesive

2 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi! Thx for leaving me a sweet comment on my card on SCS! Thought I'd pop over to see your style and I'm lovin' it! This is so pretty and a great way to frame those butterflies!

    See you again soon!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Naomi, I popped on over to your blog after you left me some love on one of my SCS projects. It seems like forever since I've stamped, so I really appreciate your sweet comment! Let me start by saying I love the name of your blog (my blog is also One Happy Stamper! *grin*) I really love your style...your use of bright colors is remarkable! I'm signing up as a follower so you can inspire me to break out my Copics again...no pressure! Ha!

    Tam

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...