Monday, July 7, 2014

Mountains and Mustard Seeds

Today during my morning devotions, I was reading about "mountain-moving faith," and the passage in Matthew 17 about how even if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we can move the mountains in our lives.  I thought of the imagery in that scripture, and I was inspired to use mountains and mustard seeds in a card.  I even had the perfect sentiment in my stash, look!


I used SU's retired designer build-a-brads to create the embellishment for the corner there.  I was reminded of a necklace I once was given as a child, that had a little mustard seed embedded in the pendant, so I rummaged around in the kitchen cabinets and found some.  Who knew my spice rack would become a source of crafting supplies?  Ha ha!  I hope it doesn't look too much like a miniature fried egg. Smiley 

To make the brad, I punched a tiny circle out of Very Vanilla DSP and adhered it to the center of the brad with a dot of Glossy Accents.  Then I used another dot of Glossy Accents to position the mustard seed in the middle, and covered it again with a layer of Glossy Accents.  It kind of settles as it dries, so there is a little raised bump where the seed is, but that's OK.  At least I know it won't fall off!

The mountains were masked off with post it notes and sponged in with distress inks.  I was inspired by Karen Dunbrook's beautiful card here, where she used shades of color blending into one another down the page, and a grassy silhouette stamp at the bottom.  I added some linen thread because I wanted the brad to be "attached" to something, but I didn't want to use ribbon because that would cover up too much of the delicate grasses at the bottom. 

I hope the message of this card inspires you today.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a look!

--------------

Stamps: SNSS Faith, SNSS Nature Silhouettes

Ink: Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed (of course), Scattered Straw, Tea Dye, Walnut Stain, StazOn Timber Brown

Paper:  SU Concord Crush, Kraft, Whisper White

Accessories:  SU designer brad (retired), linen thread, mustard seed, glossy accents, Very Vanilla DSP circle, post its, sponge wedges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...