Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My New Favorite Stamp

I finally broke down and ordered SU's new peacock stamp, because it is gorgeous, and I've been so inspired by the projects I've seen people do with it.  Here's the lovely, lovely stamp:


Just look at it!  OH, the possibilities!!  I have a watercolored piece waiting to dry so I can stamp this beauty over the top of it, and I have other plans for embossing, paper piecing, rhinestone bedazzling... I can't wait!  In the meantime, I got out my SU markers (not the blendabilities; I don't have those yet), and colored away.  Here's how it turned out:


EEEP!!  I love it so much I might faint!  I used the Fancy Fan embossing folder as the background, because from the moment SU came out with it, I have always thought it reminded me of a peacock's fan tail.  And it's hard to see in the photo, but I used Diamond stickles in the blue center of each tail feather, as well as in each tiny blue feather of the crest on his head.  So sparkly!  I love using Diamond stickles because even though it takes an eon to dry, I know it won't rub off and shower anyone with glitter when they open their card.  I don't know about you, but there are crafters who love glitter and then there are crafters who love glitter but don't want it stuck to every blessed thing they own for the rest of their natural lives.  Can you tell which one I am?  Ha ha!  I do really love the sparkle; I just don't want to find it on the dog days after my project is done!  :)

---------------------------
Stamps:  SU Perfect Peacock
Ink:  StazOn Jet Black
Paper:  SU Lucky Limeaid, Early Espresso, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Accessories:  Fancy Fan embossing folder, brads from Michael's, SU markers in Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery, Lucky Limeaid, Copic marker BG10 (Cool Shadow), ticket corner punch, Diamond stickles 

This card is available for purchase in my Etsy Shop.  Click on the "Shop" tab at the top of this page if you are interested in browsing around!

2 comments:

  1. This peacock is gorgeous! Thanks so much for your comment to me in my gallery at SCS. Your cards are amazing - I especially love the Hilltop!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...