Sunday, July 6, 2014

Shake Your Tail Feather

This clean and simple card is a really different one for me!  Not much stamping, which isn't usually my style.  But this gorgeous feather just needs to stand alone and be the star of the show!


I chose the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder to do the brown accent piece because I think the shape of the flourish pattern mimics the shape of the feather.  Isn't that cool?  It was challenging to find a way to adhere the feather without any adhesive showing through and being sticky on the front.  I eventually put a tiny dot of liquid glue under the end of the quill and a couple of glue dots behind the "eye" of the feather, where it's dense enough to hide the adhesive.  The tips are free and soft and flowing; very elegant.  I did trim them a little so they wouldn't be way too long for the card, but I like them to be a little bit untamed, so I didn't give them too much of a haircut.  I just love how iridescent and shimmery the feather is in person.  You really have to hold this card in the sunlight to appreciate it!  :)  I am entering it in the CAS278 Color Crawl Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  The feather fits the color palette perfectly - here it is:


A gorgeous color palette to play with!  Thanks for looking!

----------------

Stamps:  GKD Elegant Post

Ink:  Early Espresso

Paper:  SU Crumb Cake, Early Espresso

Accessories:  Peacock feather, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, gold brads, Bermuda Bay taffeta ribbon

1 comment:

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...