Friday, July 4, 2014

Three More!

When I get a new stamp (especially one that has a lot of creative potential), I like to keep it out on my stamp table for a while and see how many different things I can do with it until I get tired of it.  Here are three more variations on the peacock, to add to the two I did previously:




For the first one, I created the fence by stamping the Hardwood background stamp onto some Crumb Cake, sponging it, and then snipping little triangles out of the top to look like the pickets, or whatever they're called.  I like the whimsical, unexpected image of a peacock sitting on someone's backyard fence.  It could happen, right?  :)

I'm especially proud of the second one, because I used the same stamp to create a little peahen with her mate.  CUTE!  All I did was cut her tail shorter and color her with browns.  I think this would make a sweet anniversary card for someone.

The third one is heat embossed with white embossing powder on kraft cardstock, then colored in with inkpads and a blender pen.  I used the scallop tag topper punch to create the ribbon tie hold on the side.  Later, I went in and added pearls to the tail:


I like it both ways, I think.

I'm not going to list all the supplies for each card here because that would take forever... Splitcoast friends, I will list them under my gallery photos.  If anyone else has a question about these cards, just leave a comment below.  Have a GREAT 4th of July!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...