Friday, August 1, 2014

Abstract Art

Well, I'm back after traveling to Oregon with my husband for a WONDERFUL reunion with my side of the family!  Oregon is such a breathtakingly beautiful state.  We were at Sunriver Resort the whole time, and it was so good to spend time with everyone.  I love my family!!

I'm still unpacking and doing laundry, but I took a break to look at today's Mixability Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, and for this one we are supposed to use paint or ink (or some other medium) to color liquid glue.  I ended up making a really abstract, artsy kind of card that I think I kind of like.  My inkpads were getting a bit dry, so if I did this again I'd definitely juice them up first.  


To make the focal image for this card, I used SU's retired Funky Forest wheel stamp and several colors to create rows of graduated color.  Then I mixed Night of Navy reinker with Glossy Accents to create the glue drips from the top.  I added a bit more glue on the left to make the drips longer on that side, and balanced out the bottom with buttons on the right side.  The buttons are just random ones from my stash.

And now back to unpacking and laundry!  Good to be home, but I already miss everyone.  :)

Thanks for looking!
 -----------------------

Stamps:  SU Funky Forest wheel
Ink:  SU So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy
Paper:  SU So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Buttons from stash, Glossy Accents, Night of Navy reinker, linen thread, hexagon TIEF  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...