Sunday, August 3, 2014

Blue moooon...

How's that for your daily earworm?  You're welcome.  ;)  I have had the idea for this card rumbling around in my head for a few days now, and yesterday afternoon I finally got it out on paper.  I love how it turned out; rather serene and peaceful, don't you think?


The leaves on the "right-side-up" tree each have a tiny dot of black Stickles on them, so IRL they have a lovely subtle sparkle.  To make this card, I first masked off the horizon and the top moon with Post-it notes (the moon was punched out of a Post-it with a 1 3/8" circle punch) and sponged in the sky using Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress inks.  Then I cut a wavy line into the sticky end of two new Post-its to create the black strip of land at the water's edge.  To make the reflection mirror the land perfectly, I figured out that it helps if you pull two Post-its off the pad and adhere them together with the sticky sides facing each other, then cut your wavy line out of both of them at the same time.  The "hills" will line up perfectly and make a great mirror image.  I can't tell you how many Post-its I went through trying to figure this out, LOL!

I have uploaded 8 new card designs to my Etsy store today, woo hoo!  I am feeling the need to crank out cards in a hurry, because I know summer is over at the end of this month and then the busy school year starts again.  AAACKK! Smiley

So many things to do today; I've got to run.  I'm off to make a workout playlist, tidy up my stamp room, and figure out why my tomatoes are getting blossom end rot.  Does anyone know what causes that?  I've waited all year for home grown tomatoes, and now just as they're getting ripe, they're developing the dreaded black rot on the bottom.  If anybody has suggestions for how to fix it, I'd be much obliged!  Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

------------------------
Stamps:  SU Thoughts and Prayers
Ink:  Distress inks in Tumbled Glass and Broken China, SU Midnight Muse, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  GKD 120lb white, SU Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Post-its, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge wedges, black Stickles, white gel pen, acetate (for stamping the reflection)


3 comments:

  1. I love this card as you say it is serene and peaceful and actually a good one for men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card as you say it is serene and peaceful and actually a good one for men.

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...