Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fall Thank You Cards

Back to school time is less than 3 weeks away; I can't believe it!  I always need thank-you cards for my parent volunteers and colleagues, so today I am making 8 of one design.  I went with a fall theme, which can be used anytime from September through November.  It would also make a nice Thanksgiving card, I think!


 I was inspired by the way Penny Thomas used the Day of Gratitude stamp set to stamp over the pumpkins on her card here.  I added white dots around the stamping on the pumpkins and the leaf.  There's a lot of fall texture going on in this card, with the Hardwood background stamp and the one that I think looks like a braided basket (the lighter green panel) from the Truly Grateful set.  For me, fall is all about texture and color.  It's my favorite season to stamp for.

Well, I'm off to go sit in the backyard and enjoy some of this summer sunshine while I can!  It's a gorgeous day here.  Hope you have a good one!

------------------
Stamps:  SU Jack of all Trades, Truly Grateful, Day of Gratitude, Hardwood Background
Ink:  SU Soft Suede, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Certainly Celery
Paper:  SU Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
Accessories:  Mini brad, white gel pen, Soft Suede taffeta ribbon, sponge wedges, Post-it note for masking, foam adhesive 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...