Saturday, August 16, 2014

Gold Razzleberry Birthday Card

Back to school season is upon us already (or should I say, it's upon us teachers already, ha!), and I can already see that my stamping time is going to be somewhat limited for the next few weeks.  I've been making and freezing extra meals and desserts, in anticipation of the rushed mornings and evenings ahead.  Thank goodness people still continue to have birthdays in spite of my busy schedule, or I'd never get into my stamping room this time of year!  Ha ha! 

Today I used SU's Another Great Year stamp set to make this card for my mother in law:


I was inspired to use gold and Razzleberry by the pinks and golds in this photo from the Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge today.  I decided on a darker berry color because I feel like fall already, and I'm starting to yearn for those deep, rich colors.  :)

The big birthday greeting is heat embossed with gold powder, and the banners are colored in with the darkest Rich Razzleberry Blendability marker.  I didn't do any shading or blending with the other two markers in the set, because I was concentrating on working around the words so that I could leave them white.  The panel is matted on some gold foil paper, and embellished with some little punched out gold hearts.  The whole thing has a rich, elegant shine to it in the light.  I made an extra one for my shop, and I'll be uploading it (along with a bunch of new cards) to Etsy in a couple of weeks.  That's it for now - thanks for stopping by!

---------------------
Stamps:  SU Another Great Year
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  SU Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Taffy DSP, GKD 120lb white, gold foil paper
Accessories:  Gold embossing powder, Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities, Owl Builder Punch (for the hearts), foam adhesive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...