Friday, August 8, 2014

Starbucks Via Gift Pouch

Today I started working on this cute project, and it came together pretty quickly, once I figured out the measurements.  It's a fun little pouch that perfectly fits two Starbucks Via packets, with room to write a note of thanks on the back!


Isn't it cute?!  I think it would be a great thank-you gift for a parent volunteer or a co-worker.  Something to brighten their mailbox on a Monday morning, for example!  Here's how it looks empty:


 The pouch is 3/8" deep, which was just right to accommodate the Via packets without too much bulging.

For those of you who want measurements, I will do my best to show it below.  I am sorry, the lighting in my room isn't the best!  First, you need a piece of cardstock that is 6 5/8" x 7 1/8".


Now you need to score it as shown below.  All the straight lines are score lines.

Finally, cut the cardstock as shown below.

Use a bone folder to crease all the score lines and fold your box together.  You'll see where you need to place adhesive; one strip on one of the side flaps and one strip on one of the bottom flaps.  I use Scor Tape, or Sticky Strip or Red Liner Tape - whatever you have that is really strong.

To decorate it, I used two pieces of patterned paper, one to line the inside of the back and one to decorate the outside of the front.  The inside back piece I used was 2 3/4" x 4", and the outside front piece was 2 3/4" x 3 1/2".

I hope that wasn't too confusing!  I think it would have been better as a video, but I don't have the camera setup to do that right now.  Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!

  ------------------
Stamps:  SU Perfect Blend, Petite Pairs
Ink:  SU Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede
Paper:  SU So Saffron, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla, Retro Fresh DSP
Accessories:  SU Starburst framelits, foam adhesive, circle dies (Nestabilities), turquoise ribbon from Michaels, SU horizontal slot punch (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...