Sunday, September 28, 2014

Christmas Is...


Today I am playing with the new Santa & Co. designer series paper by Stampin' Up!  Some of the patterns are frankly a bit strange, in my opinion (Santa in his long underwear??!  OK, it's kind of funny), but there are three or four patterns that I just LOVE, including this one.  It reminds me of the shingles on a gingerbread house - especially if I had done what I intended and glued it down the other way up!  I love the warmth of brown and red together for a Christmas card.

To make this card, I heat embossed the poinsettia twice onto Real Red cardstock with black embossing powder.  I cut out the whole flower for the base and then cut out just the center to pop it up as a second layer for dimension.  I sponged the edges of the petals with Real Red and added gold Stickles to the center.  The center layer of the flower is adhered to the flower base with a dimensional, and then the whole flower is adhered to the matted DSP with dimensionals as well.  I also curled the petals backward slightly with my bone folder.  The leaves are stamped with Soft Suede ink on Whisper White cardstock, cut out, and adhered directly onto the DSP layer.  I had to put two layers of dimensionals behind the sentiment so that it could fit on top of the flower.  I really like how cozy and warm this card makes me feel.  Never mind that it's almost 80 degrees out today!  Got to get a jump on those Christmas cards because they do take a while to make!  :)

Have a great rest of your weekend, and thanks for stopping by!

---------------------------
Stamps:  SU Joyful Christmas, Contempo Christmas
Paper:  SU Soft Suede, Whisper White, Real Red, gold foil paper, Santa & Co. DSP
Ink:  SU Soft Suede, Versamark, StazOn Jet Black
Accessories:  Black embossing powder, scissors, bone folder, gold Stickles, brads from Michael's, dimensionals, sponge wedge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...