Saturday, September 27, 2014

Color Me Autumn Thank You

My co-worker, Mary, gave me some of her Kohls cash on Friday because it was going to expire and she wasn't going to be able to use it.  WOOT!  Because of her, I was able to buy this awesome scarf for $1.99:

Cheesiest selfie ever:
 Seriously.  I even put lipstick on for this photo.  WHAT.

 
Yes, I realize it doesn't go with this outfit, but HEY!  It will be cute for a whole bunch of things, including work.  LOVE IT!  Of course she refused to let me pay her for the Kohls cash.  So to say thank you, I decided to make her some cards that she can send to people.  SHHHH!  Don't tell her till after Monday!  Here's my first one:
 

I just love all those rich, autumn colors!!  I am getting used to working with washi tape; it's something that I love to collect but I am never sure how to use.  Fall is the perfect season to experiment with washi, because fall is all about layering and color.  I stamped the vanilla border strip with the Woodgrain background stamp, because wood grain and leaves are perfect for fall.  I was inspired to do this basic design by Brian King's card here.

And this is the second design I came up with, following the same layout:


Very sparkly and wintery.  She'll have a couple cards for both seasons now!

I hope you enjoyed my projects for today; we are having one of the most colorful autumn seasons here in MN that I have ever seen!  Our weather is warm and the trees are just bursting with color.  I LOVE IT!  Sweaters, skinny jeans/leggings, boots and scarves are basically my uniform these days.  Couldn't be happier.  Enjoy!!

-----------------------
Stamps:  SU Tea Party, Woodgrain, So Very Grateful, Hero Arts Tiny Ink Spots
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Versamark
Paper:  SU Color Me Autumn DSP, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadown, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, All is Calm DSP, Silver and white glitter papers
Accessories:  Color Me Autumn Washi Tape, Rich Regals Candy Dots, Linen Thread, 1/8" hole punch, Snowflake Card Thinlits dies, rhinestones, Vintage faceted buttons, silver embossing powder

1 comment:

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...