Monday, September 22, 2014

Cupcake Belly House Mouse


I love this little mouse!  He makes me laugh, with his round little belly and happy face.  I recently bought my first three House Mouse stamps, and I think they are just adorable.  

To make this card, I tried to choose colored pencils that went with the colors in the DSP.  The pattern on the paper is very bright and busy, so to keep the focal panel from getting lost, I chose a larger image and framed it out with bright Tangerine Tango cardstock.  The ticket corner punch is my go-to solution when the corner areas of the focal panel seem bare somehow. :)  

I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and then colored it in with Prismacolor watercolor pencils.  I blended the color with a blender pen.  I'm still learning how to do this, so the shading is a bit rough in places.  I had done the image on SU's shimmer white cardstock, because it absorbs water a bit better than their plain Whisper White, but when I put it up next to the DSP I could see right away that the whites didn't match.  My solution was to "paint" the entire background a light green, to hide the slightly off-white color of the shimmer paper.  I hope it worked!  

The sentiment seemed perfect for this image of a cupcake, but it's a rather small font.  To keep it from getting overwhelmed and lost in all the bright, busy patterns, I heat embossed it in white on Strawberry Slush paper and framed the banner out with two more layers - white and Basic Gray.  I also colored in the hollow letters in the word "cake" with a white gel pen.  Then to really make it stand out, I popped the focal image up on one layer of dimensionals and the sentiment up on two layers of dimensionals.

I really like the way it turned out - bright and fun!  I hope you like it too - have a great day!

--------------------
Stamps: House Mouse Cupcake Belly, SU Bring on the Cake
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Certainly Celery, Versamark
 Paper:  SU Basic Gray, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Confetti Celebration DSP, Tangerine Tango
Accessories:  White EP, Watercolor pencils (Prismacolor), blender pen, aquapainter, ticket corner punch, white gel pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...