Thursday, September 18, 2014

Embossed Border

Hi everyone!  Today I have a simple but elegant card for you.  It was inspired by Gina K's card in her recent tutorial here.  I copied the color scheme and the layout, but changed up the stamps and embossing folder.  I also added rhinestones, which I colored with the darkest Cherry Cobbler blendie.


I think this would be a beautiful wedding card too, and you could customize the colors to match whatever the wedding colors were.  Gina K does a great job of explaining how to use ANY embossing folder you have to create that raised border there.  I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for mine, and I chose one that had a flourishy vine pattern, so that it would echo the flourishy vine on the stamp itself.  I only scored the card once above and below the embossing, rather than twice like she did.  Hope you enjoy!  Thanks for looking!

------------------------
Stamps:  SU Flowering Flourishes, Loving Thoughts
Paper:  GKD 120lb ivory, SU Cherry Cobbler
Ink:  SU Early Espresso
Accessories:  SU Cherry Cobbler blendability marker (darkest), adhesive rhinestones, scoring tool, Cuttlebug embossing folder (I'm sorry, I can't find what the name of it is)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...