Sunday, September 28, 2014

Feathered Hello and Faux Turquoise


Lots of fun in the stamp room this weekend, woop woop!  I was so inspired to try this card, after seeing Sandi MacIver's beautiful card here.  I had the idea to create a faux turquoise-and-silver embellishment, which I thought would lend a lovely Southwestern look to those feathers.  I love how it turned out!  

To start this card, I stamped the "hello" sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White that measured 3 3/4" x 5".  I adhered that panel to a piece of Kraft cardstock that was 1/8" bigger in both width and length, and then wrapped two pieces of the Color Me Autumn washi tape across it, above the sentiment.

To create the feathers, I stamped the smaller one in black ink onto a piece of Lucky Limeaid, and the tall feather on the right in black ink on a piece of Bermuda Bay.  The gold feather was stamped on Whisper White with gold Encore ink, and then heat embossed with gold powder.  All three were die cut using SU's new Feathers framelits, and adhered directly to the white panel with double-sided tape.

For the "faux turquoise, I used the marble detail side of the Marble Texture Cube from Stampendous, and stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White that I had previously sponged with Bermuda Bay ink.  Then I wadded up a piece of paper and used it to lightly "pounce" gold acrylic paint over the piece for some random flecks.  Here's what the piece of cardstock looked like (I've already punched out a couple circles from it using SU's Itty Bitty Punch Pack):


I carefully stuck one of the circles to the center of a Build-a-Brad using a tiny amount of Glossy Accents.  Then I covered the whole circle with a dome of Glossy Accents and let it dry.  Here are three more that I just made, drying.  The Glossy Accents looks cloudy while it's wet; it dries to a clear, hard finish.  To keep them upright while drying, a metal flower frog is the perfect holding place!





To finish the card off, I created some random loops of linen thread and caught them in between the legs of the brad before pushing it through the white/kraft panel.  Finally, I adhered the panel to a Blackberry Bliss card base.  I really love the look of this card.  I think these feathers might be one of my all-time favorite stamp sets already!

Hope you enjoyed this project!

----------------------
Stamps:  SU Four Feathers, Hi There, Stampendous Marble Texture Cube
Ink:  Versafine Black Onyx, Encore Gold, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  SU Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Kraft, Bermuda Bay, Lucky Limeaid
Accessories:  Gold embossing powder, SU Feathers Framelits, Designer Build-a-Brads, Glossy Accents, gold acrylic paint, Color Me Autumn washi tape, linen thread, SU Itty Bitty Punch Pack 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...