Thursday, September 11, 2014

My Little Monster

Fall is in the air, and it's finally sweater weather!  I do love summer, but the fall weather and upcoming holidays are so much fun!  Today I was playing around with two stamp sets; one is meant to be a Christmas/winter set, and the other is a bunch of really cute little Halloween monsters:


The one on the left is called "White Christmas," and the one on the right is called "Freaky Friends."  I put the two together to create the card below, with my little monster marching through the woods on a fall evening.  Isn't he adorable?!  


 As you can see from the stamp sets above, his little eyes are almost impossible to see, especially if your inkpad is really juicy.  All I had for googly eyes was the size you see here, and two of them were too big for his face.  So I decided to just use one eye, like a minion.  Instant personality!  He just cracks me up, ha ha!  I used the medium Old Olive blendability marker to color over the clear plastic on the googly eye, to make it green, and I attached it with a glue dot.  I created masks for the monster and the ground/sky, and sponged in the grass with Summer Starfruit and Old Olive.  The sky was sponged with River Rock and Rich Razzleberry, after masking off the moon with a 3/4" post it circle.  I colored in the trees with a Basic Gray marker, and his mouth with a Summer Starfruit marker.  The monster is stamped in Elegant Eggplant.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  I plan to try and catch up on sleep.  I've been putting in 10 and 11-hour days this past two weeks, and I am beat.  I just realized now that I forgot to color his feet before photographing, eeep!  They will be Basic Gray like the trees, so just imagine that part.  :)  Thanks for stopping by!

----------------------
Stamps:  SU White Christmas, Freaky Friends
Paper:  SU Lucky Limeaid, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive, Summer Starfruit, River Rock, Rich Razzleberry, Versafine Black Onyx (for the bat)
Accessories:  Googly eye from Michael's, Old Olive Blendability marker (medium), white gel pen, SU Stampin' Write markers in Summer Starfruit and Basic Gray, 3/4" circle punch, Post-its for masking, sponge wedges 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...