Sunday, September 14, 2014

Versatile White Christmas Set

I am IN LOVE with SU's new White Christmas stamp set!  It's been sitting out on my table and I've been thinking of so many different ways to use it!  It's great for way more than just Christmas/winter cards.  In my last post, I showed a Halloween card that I made with it, and today I have three more designs for you.  Here's an autumn "thinking of you" card:

I colored the bear brownish-gray, so that he wouldn't be a polar bear.  I drew in the little heart myself and covered it with Glossy Accents to make it shine.  I love this fall scene with the warm colors.

Next, I did a winter night scene with the little snowman that comes in the set:

I just love how he seems to be looking up at that bright moon.  I added white gel pen to the branches for some snow, and used Copic marker BG10 to add shadows on the back of the snowman's body as well as underneath him and the trees.

Today, I made a Valentine's card using the sweet little birds that come in the set.  I popped the front panel up on dimensional foam adhesive so that the frame would be up away from the bird scene.  It was a bright, sunny morning today so some of the colors ended up a little washed out.  Not even photo editing could bring them back, so just know that IRL the Crumb Cake color is a little richer and the Soft Sky sponging shows up a little better.  ;)  In this card, I coated the whole snowy hill with glitter, as well as the heart at the top of the black frame.



And just for fun, I made a "belated" type of card.  It's pretty quirky; I'm not sure who I would actually send it to, but it does make me chuckle every time I look at it! 



Last but not least, my sense of humor took a turn for the weirder and came up with this, which reminds me a little of The Far Side comic strip.  Ha ha!


I think it's time to put the stamps down and back away very, very slowly...

-----------------------
Stamps:  SU White Christmas, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Hardwood

For specifics on ink colors and accessories for each of these cards, click on the link to my Splitcoast gallery, on the right side bar.




2 comments:

  1. These cards are very cool! Your funny snowman one finished convincing me to get this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these cards, Naomi! I have this set and still haven't had a chance to use it. :( Your last card is great...love the humor in it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...