Sunday, October 5, 2014

Kraft gift boxes


Today I was playing around with some fun packaging ideas for gifts and treats, since the holidays are approaching!  Here are some of the boxes I was working on today.  I used SU's Kraft gift boxes (3.5" x 3.5" x 2.5"), and wrapped them with some glittery patterned paper that I bought years ago at Michael's.  A 3" strip of 12x12" paper is almost enough to go all the way around the box, but there is a little gap at the bottom, which I closed up with an extra piece of coordinating cardstock.  Then I wrapped them with SU's Cherry Cobbler striped grosgrain ribbon and added a bow with glue dots.  The tag was made by stamping one of the images from Tags 4 You in Garden Green on Very Vanilla cardstock and punching it out, then backing it with two punched circles in red glimmer paper and Early Espresso cardstock.  I tied the tags onto the bows with gold/cream baker's twine.  The whole band of paper/ribbon can slide off, so that the giver can fill the box with treats and then slip the band back on.  I am making birthday ones also, with different paper and colors, below.  For those, I used the Sweet Taffy DSP, the Pumpkin Pie chevron ribbon, and the Apothecary Art stamp set.  The chevron ribbon is the perfect weight and width for doing this kind of layered bow.  Lots of fun!



Have a great rest of your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi,

    I love the box idea for selling at craft bazaars!!!! What price would you put on them?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! Thanks for you nice comment! I still have to calculate how much the materials cost me to make these boxes, so I haven't settled on a final price yet. I usually figure out the cost per foot of ribbon, the cost of the box itself, etc. and then add on a little bit for labor. I imagine these will sell for about $2 or so. They are empty, after all! But depending on how much time it took to make them and how much effort it took to create the layered bows etc. - you would figure that into the cost as well. :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Naomi for your help. And I love...love...love your work! Very creative and inspirational!!!! I really enjoyed your White Christmas ideas...although I haven't tried any yet....but I will!

      Barbara

      Delete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...