Friday, October 17, 2014

Golden Feather Scene


Two fun "techy" tricks I learned recently are shown in this blog post, woo hoo!  First, I learned how to create a nice looking watermark for my photos in PicMonkey.  Second, I learned how to embed live product links in an image list at the bottom of this post!  If you are new to this, as I am, check out the TAMS widget in the sidebar, at the bottom of my blog page.  That's how I uploaded the product links.  Pretty cool!

I was inspired to make this card after seeing Deb Johnson's beautiful sponged feather here.  To make my version, I cut all the cardstock panels, and corner punched the Vanilla and Espresso ones.  I stamped the sentiment in gold and heat embossed it with gold EP, then wrapped the panel with washi tape.  I die cut one unstamped feather and used a 3/4" circle to mask off the sun, then sponged in the colors Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, and Soft Suede.  I removed the sun mask and lightly sponged some Crushed Curry into the circle.  I stamped the grasses from Wetlands at the bottom, and drew in some birds with a Stampin' Write marker.  That feather is adhered directly to the card with snail adhesive.  The other three feathers were stamped and die cut in the following colors: Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, and Gold Encore (heat embossed with gold EP).  I used snail to adhere them together in a cluster, then wrapped the "stems" with a linen thread bow and popped them up on the card with dimensionals.  I really love how it turned out!  To purchase this card, visit my Etsy shop.  [update: this card is now sold out.]  To purchase any of the supplies, click on the links below!  Thanks for stopping by!



Product List
Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker
Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker
Ticket Corner Punch
Ticket Corner Punch

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful mini scene you did on that feather. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Love your colour scheme and picture on the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the feather is the landscape scene. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a fabulous card and brilliant design. Truly inspirational and thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...