Saturday, November 15, 2014

Cheerful Christmas in Blackberry


I know that everyone who has this Cheerful Christmas stamp set has made some kind of card like this.  But it's just so darn cute, and easy to do!  This is my take on the design.  I used Very Vanilla, Blackberry Bliss, and Gumball Green against a Kraft card base.  Gumball Green is retired now, but Garden Green would be a perfect substitute.  To make the card, I first stamped the rosette from the Cheerful Christmas stamp set in opposite corners of a Very Vanilla panel, after coloring it with markers.  I really was only concerned about getting the outer corners inked up, because I knew that the center would be covered up eventually: 


Then I used the same markers to color the large sentiment, and stamped it on another piece of Very Vanilla.  I cut it out with the Ovals Framelits, along with a larger oval in Gumball Green.  Here are the two panels finished and ready to mount onto the card base.


The oval panel is popped up on dimensionals.  Then to balance out the corners, I added three Candy Dots from the Brights collection and a Blackberry Bliss bow.  The photo below shows how the rhinestones I added really sparkle in the light (click to see it better).  I just covered all of the dots on the sentiment panel with various sizes of rhinestones.  I left them clear on this card but they would also look adorable colored in with the Blendabilities markers!


Hope you like the quick and easy project for today!  This stamp set is PERFECT for quick and easy cards.  To buy any of the supplies I used to make it, click on the links below.  Have a great weekend!

Product List
Gumball Green 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
Gumball Green 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers
2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Cute! Cute!!! Love your choice of colors Naomi, and the little extras that you gave this card.

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...