Saturday, November 8, 2014

Soft Christmas Scene


No, I don't have a secret wish for winter weather, ha ha!  Although rumor has it we're supposed to be getting upwards of 8 inches of snow on Monday!  Feels weird... all this gorgeous, colorful fall weather and then BAM, a snowstorm and cold temps!  Well, that's MN for ya.  I'm working away at my Christmas cards little by little this year.  With the card above, I am recreating a design I came up with last year, and I still love it.  I like the visual depth that this card has, as if you're viewing a scene through a hazy, snowy sky.  To make this card, I stamped the row of trees in Crumb Cake on a piece of whisper white. Then I overlaid that with a piece of vellum cardstock, which I stamped with the pine tree in Garden Green ink. I also heat embossed some snowflakes in white onto the vellum. This makes the row of trees appear to be in the distance, whereas the snow and the pine are in the foreground. The linen thread is hand sewn across the top then I secured the vellum to the card front even more by strategically placing glue dots behind the snowflakes and pine tree so they wouldn't show through.  I also added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details glitter glue to the green tree for some sparkle.  Hope you enjoyed today's project, and thanks for stopping by!

Product List
Tiny Tags
Tiny Tags
Jewelry Tag Punch
Jewelry Tag Punch
Snow Swirled
Snow Swirled

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Naomi!!!! This is absolutely breath-taking!!!! I love it and would like to use the idea for some craft show cards. I have never heat embossed on vellum. How do you keep it from melting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, the vellum doesn't melt, actually. It does tend to warp a little with the heat, but Stampin' Up! has a cardstock-weight vellum that is heavier and really wonderful for heat embossing. It also gives really interesting results when you dry emboss with it; the raised parts turn white. If you click on the picture of it in the product list under my blog post, you can see it better. I love it. :)

      Delete
    2. And you're welcome to use the idea for craft show cards. Have fun!

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty, Naomi! I can see why you wanted to use the idea again. Love the neutrals colors with the pop of green in front. :)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...