Saturday, November 1, 2014

Vintage Anniversary Card


Today I am pulling out a bunch of retired stuff, because it has been somewhat neglected lately and I wanted to use what I had.  I needed an anniversary card for my dear in-laws, and I just love this beautiful hydrangea image.  Paired with the musical score background stamp and some bold red stripes, I think it looks so classic and old fashioned.  To make this card, I used Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the Musical Score background stamp onto the Very Vanilla piece, and ran a strip of the Early Espresso through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  For the hydrangea, I stamped it once in Memento Rich Cocoa onto a piece of Crumb Cake, making sure the flower head went off the right edge a little.  Then I stamped it again on a scrap of Very Vanilla, colored the flower and leaves with the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive blendabilities, and fussy cut them out.  I did not fussy cut the stem - what crazy person would do that, LOL??  Then I glued them over the image that was stamped on the Crumb Cake layer.  I added white gel pen dots in the center of the flowers.  The sentiment is from a Gina K set called Elegant Post, because I don't have any SU sentiments the right size that say "Happy Anniversary" yet! 

Hope you have a good weekend planned - I am stuck at home getting over a nasty cold, ugh.  Hope you all stay well, and thanks for stopping by!


Product List
Because I Care [wood-mount] FRA ESP
Because I Care [wood-mount] FRA ESP
Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on SCS and decided to come to you BLog for the details! Lovely work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi,

    I'm visiting from SCS. Your anniversary card is beautiful and so vintage! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...