Saturday, December 13, 2014

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String...


A quick post before I turn in for the night... I have been having fun with the Flower Patch photopolymer stamp set!  There are so many images, and they layer up so beautifully.  You don't even need to be super exact with it.  And the framelits are great for not only cropping the images, but also quickly cutting out masks for the pieces, so that you don't have to fussy cut around those flower petals when you want to stamp things behind the flowers.  LOVE IT!  I just grabbed a rainbow of my favorite colors and started stamping away.  You cannot mess up this stamp set.  It's very forgiving and looks good with almost anything you do to it!

This was my first project with it: 3x3 notecards with matching white envelopes (envelopes not pictured), packaged up in sets of 4.  I made a brown paper package using Kraft paper and the envelope punch board, and tied it closed with linen thread.  To make the brown package, I cut 6x6" squares of the Kraft cardstock (you can get exactly 4 out of a full sheet - love that!), and followed the directions on the punch board for a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch card.  Then I added an extra score line to each of the four flaps.  The extra score line was parallel to the original score lines, but 1/4 inch closer to the rounded corner of the paper, if that makes sense.   So on each corner flap there are 2 score lines, 1/4 inch away from each other.  This creates the narrow sides of the package, and still allows the flaps to meet in the middle for a nice closure.

All the note cards and envelopes are inside.  A cute little gift to pop onto someone's desk!  Supplies are listed below.  I always love it when I can pull out a rainbow of colors!  :)  Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...