Friday, December 26, 2014

Elegant Gold Peacock Card


Hello everyone!  Today I have a card that still uses Christmas colors, since I had those out on my table, but it's not a Christmas card.  It might be a beautiful card for a December wedding, or even an elegant post-Christmas thank you card.  Here it is from a different angle, so that you can see the dimension:
 


The colors are truer outdoors in natural light, of course, but for some reason you can't really see the score lines in the first photo... hopefully you can in the second one.

To make it, I started by cutting a 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and heat embossing the Perfect Peacock stamp onto it with gold EP.  I also did the same thing on a piece of Kraft cardstock.  I used Real Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers to color in the flowers and leaves, and then I fussy-cut around the Kraft peacock.  I added decorative score lines to the Vanilla piece and then adhered the Kraft peacock on top of the vanilla one with foam dimensionals.  That layer was mounted onto a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Kraft and then onto a Pear Pizzazz card base.  I added pearls, which I colored with the darkest Cherry Cobbler blendability marker.  There is no sentiment, but I can think of several occasions that this would be good for... an anniversary, wedding, thank-you, birthday, engagement, etc.  Supplies are listed below - thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...