Thursday, December 4, 2014

Gingerbread Star Cookie Card


'Tis the season for all things sweet and spicy, like gingerbread and eggnog - hooray!!  I think eggnog just might be one of the four food groups anyway, *ahem*.  I'm sure I read that somewhere.  Hey, it's basically a festive breakfast smoothie anyway, right?  Anyway, it's got me in the mood for some holiday sweets, and the result so far has been this card.  I hope you like it as much as I do!  Ever since I got the star framelits, I've been thinking of doing a card like this.  So cute and yummy!

For the card base, I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock and added a layer of patterned paper from the retired Festival of Prints paper pack, since I have a ton of it to use up.  But this year's Trim the Tree designer series paper pack is every bit as adorable, and I'll link it below too.  Then I made a plate using the circles framelits and some Very Vanilla cardstock.  I placed a smaller circle inside the bigger one and used it as a mask to lightly sponge some Baked Brown Sugar ink onto the edges of the larger circle, so that it would look more like a plate and less like just a flat circle.  I stamped the small pine branch from the retired Christmas Lodge stamp set around the edges, and added red berries with the bullet tip of the medium Cherry Cobbler Blendability marker.

The star cookies were cut out with the star framelits and Baked Brown Sugar cardstock.  Then I hand-rounded their pointy corners with my paper snips and sponged the edges with Baked Brown Sugar ink to give them some dimension and make them look like they'd been browned in the oven.  I decorated them with some puffy paint and glitter glue that I had in my stash, along with some Cherry Cobbler candy dots.  The cookies on the bottom were adhered directly to the plate with snail adhesive, and the ones nearer the top of the stack were adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The plate was adhered to the card base with dimensionals too, so that it would have a little lift and a drop shadow under it when it stands in the light.  The sentiment comes from the Many Merry Stars stamp set.

I'm submitting this to the Splitcoaststampers Layered Die Cuts challenge, as well as to the Pals Paper Arts color challenge for this week, which uses these colors:

 PPA230 Dec 4

A super fun card to make, and I was really happy with the way it turned out.  Hope you're all having a great week - and have a restful weekend!

To purchase the supplies that I used to make this card, click on the links below. 


Product List 
 
Festival Of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack
Festival Of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack
$6.95
Christmas Lodge Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Christmas Lodge Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$25.95
Big Shot
$99.95

5 comments:

  1. Cute cookies! Thanks for playing--come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so "Christmasy". I love the cookies. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZER...sooooo put of the box! LOVE it - I would have never thought to make "cookies" WAY TO Go.......thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous design! Love the plate of cookies! Very unique and such a great holiday card. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...