Monday, December 29, 2014

Green and Gold Mosaic Card




Today I have a card for you that I think might be good for St. Patrick's day, even though that seems like eons away from now!  I tinkered and tinkered with it, trying to find the right balance of greens, white and gold.  Mainly, I just wanted to do a card that incorporated the beautiful printed window sheets from the Quatrefancy DSP, which is on clearance right now.  My first attempt at this card was kind of blah, but then I added some Garden Green and the whole thing suddenly popped.  I think I like it now!

To make this card, I started with a card base of Wild Wasabi textured cardstock (from the retired 12x12 Subtles pack).  I ran the card front through the Big Shot with the Mosaic embossing folder, and then cut a strip out of the middle, leaving about 1" for the top and the bottom. I dragged a Whisper White craft inkpad across the raised parts of the embossing and heat set them with my heat tool.  Between the two pieces, I adhered a panel of the window sheet, and added 1/4" strips of gold foil paper butted up against the seam.  I attached a strip of the gold sequin trim along the top edge, and made a flower with the Mosaic Madness stamp set and punch, using gold embossing powder.  A little gold foil flower from the Boho Blossoms punch is in the center of the flower, along with a pearl embellishment.  I attached a panel of Garden Green cardstock behind the front of the card with dimensionals so that it would show through the window sheet and also peek out along the bottom.  I think the addition of the darker green gives the card some definition.

Supplies are listed below (I'm not sure why the Wild Wasabi shows up twice; I can't seem to fix that).  Hope you're having a great start to your week!  Thanks for stopping by!

Product List
Mosaic Punch
$15.95



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...