Saturday, December 6, 2014

Snowy Ornamental Pine


I just got this wonderful Ornamental Pine stamp set today, and I've been wanting to make this card ever since I saw it on Pinterest somewhere.  Lots of people have done versions of this card, so I hesitated a bit about posting it.  But it's just so pretty and EASY to do, that I had to share it on the off chance that someone hasn't seen it yet.  You really have to try this one!  Super easy, instant wow, flat for mailing, and it took about 5 minutes to make.

Update:  I found the original blog post where I first saw this card, and wanted to give credit to the original designer.  Check out Kay Kalthoff's gorgeous work here:  Stamping to Share Blog

I used a Soft Sky card base, with a 3 3/4 x 5 inch piece of Whisper White as my main panel, matted on a piece of Garden Green that is 1/8 inch bigger in length and width.  

To start the scene, I sponged Soft Sky ink from the top of the Whisper White piece downward, getting lighter towards the bottom.  Next, I stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner so that I wouldn't accidentally cover that area with pine needles later.  For the pine bough, I inked it up with my Garden Green inkpad and then ran over the stem with my Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker (it doesn't hurt the marker; just scribble it on some scratch paper and any green will come right off).  I did some stamping off to get the lighter branches in the background.  Then I stamped the pine cones in Early Espresso (again stamping off for the background ones).  When the panel was totally dry, I stamped the smaller speckles from the Gorgeous Grunge set using Versamark ink, then heat embossed them with white embossing powder.  That's IT!  I love the effect of the snow swirling through the branches, and the hint of blue sky in the background.  

Hope you're having a great weekend!  It's cold here today; I got all the groceries done, and I'm working on making this week's batch of yogurt to bring to work.  Later I'm going to start a big pot of homemade minestrone soup for dinner, with my Great Aunt Helen's hot buttered dinner rolls!  I can't wait!  Stay cozy, and have fun stamping!

This card is available for purchase in my Etsy store while supplies last (click on the tab at the top of this page).  To purchase the supplies I used to make this card, click on the links below:



2 comments:

  1. love it!! I want that set so much...have seen so many wonderful cards made with it..tfs

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...