Sunday, December 21, 2014

Marina Floral Sympathy card


Today I have been making sympathy cards.  I was inspired to CASE Leslie Mahon's beautiful blue card here, because I just loved the layout and colors!  I don't have the flower stamp she used though, so I couldn't get the double-dimension effect that she had on her gorgeous blooms.  But I really do like how this turned out!  I made three; I will put two of them in my Etsy shop and send the third to a friend.  The supplies are listed below if you want to order anything or try making it yourself.  I think most people can figure out how it was made by looking at the photo; I'll just add that the French script panel is a 2" x 4 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla, matted on a piece of Soft Suede that is 1/4" larger in length and width.  The sentiment is punched out with a 2" circle punch and then matted on a 2 3/8" scalloped circle.  The flowers are heat embossed with clear EP on vanilla cardstock, and then sponged with Marina Mist ink.  I ended up using two or three of the leaf die cuts for each card, pinching off some of the leaves wherever I needed to so that they wouldn't cover up the words.  Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi! I am truly flattered that you cased my card! I will fall asleep with a smile on my face! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...