Monday, December 29, 2014

Rose Gold Lotus Card


For this card, I was totally inspired to case Gloria Steger's beautiful card here.  I just loved how she did the cutaway part around the flowers.  I believe her card used Very Vanilla and Raspberry Ripple cardstock, but in the photo she posted the light gave her card a pinkish tinge (at least to me), and I just loved it.  So I used Blushing Bride and Cherry Cobbler, along with some gold foil paper and gold brads for some shine.  The sun was setting when I took the photo, so it kind of looks like Real Red, but trust me!  It's Cherry Cobbler.  :)  I went over the flower centers with a Krylon gold leafing pen.  I also used the pen to swipe along the very edges of the gold foil paper before I assembled the card, to hide the white core of the cardstock.  It came together very quickly and I think it's so elegant.  Thanks for the inspiration, Gloria!

Product List
Other supplies:  gold brads from Michael's, Krylon gold leafing pen 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi,
    Thanks for your kind words. Your card is absolutely beautiful and I am honored that miy card gave you inspiration. I love the addition of the brads... They add to the empty space on the card.

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...