Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Night Before Christmas, Ornamental Pine


 This is the second card I've made with the new Ornamental Pine stamp set.  It reminds me of a moonlit Christmas Eve night, when everything is cold and still outside.  

To make this card, I started with a 3 3/4 x 5 inch piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I masked off the horizon with a torn Post-it note and a 1 3/4 inch circle for the moon.  Then I sponged in the sky from the bottom up, using Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder, and Concord Crush.  I removed the moon mask and stamped the row of trees from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set (most versatile set I own!) in Smoky Slate ink.  Then I removed the horizon mask and repositioned it a bit lower down and at an angle for the foreground hill.  I sponged a little Soft Sky at the edge of the post it to create the snowy shadow of the hill.  Finally, I inked up the branch from Ornamental Pine with Mossy Meadow Ink, colored the stem with an Early Espresso marker, and stamped it in the left corner.  I added pine cones with Early Espresso ink.  I also went over some of the pine needles with the fine tip of the Mossy Meadow marker because where the needles overlap it needs a little definition.  Finally, I colored in the white spaces on the pine cones with a white gel pen and added some gel pen stars and the sentiment.  The sentiment comes in the Ornamental Pine set, and I stamped it in Concord Crush ink.  This whole panel was matted on a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that measured 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 inches, and that was mounted onto a Mossy Meadow card base.

I hope you like today's project!  To purchase any of the supplies, click the links below.  Thanks for stopping by!

This card is available for purchase in my Etsy store while supplies last.  Click on the tab at the top of this page!


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, and your instructions were so easy to follow.
    I thought I was done making Christmas cards, but when I saw your
    beautiful card, I just had to CASE it.
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment, MJ! Have fun casing! :)

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! Ornamental Pine makes great cards, and this one is a favourite, by far! Thanks for generously sharing your measurements and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep kicking myself for not picking up this stamp set. I love the cards you have made with it! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peggy! I love your blog, by the way. And I believe you can still pick up that stamp set through Jan 4! :D :D

      Delete
  4. Love your card! Found it via Pinterest- first thing I saw this morning and it shouted "Wow"! to me! 😊 Love your use of color, love your scene! I agree with other comment, very easy instruction. Just thought I'd send you a high five! Very nice! Allison Keller, S.U. Demo, Carriere, MS (we're having fun stampin down here too, y'all!)

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...