Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wild Hibiscus Thank You


When I say "wild," I mean LOOK at that wild patterned paper!  I kind of love it!  It was in a 4x6" paper stack  by DCWV (Die Cuts With a View), called The Citrus Matstack.  I received it as a holiday gift from one of my 5th grade students; wasn't that sweet of her?  There are lots of bright, fun colors in the paper stack, and not all of them are as loud as this one... but I felt like bold brights today, so there it is!

To match the paper as best I could, I used Stampin' Up! cardstock in Marina Mist and Green Galore (retired).  The hibiscus flower was made by stamping one of the flowers from the Mixed Bunch stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock in Poppy Parade ink, then punching it out and sponging over it with more Poppy Parade ink.  I also punched out a Green Galore flower shape to put behind the red one, and popped a brad through the middle.  The patterned paper was cut with the Adorning Accents edgelit die and dry embossed with the matching embossing folder along the cut edge.  The green layer was cut 1/8 inch bigger.  I am usually not such a big fan of glittered papers, but I actually like the glitter on this one - it's kind of a Crushed Curry color in a certain light.

Hope you liked the project for today!  Have a wonderful holiday!

Product List
Blossom Punch
$16.95
Adorning Accents Edgelits Die
Adorning Accents Edgelits Die
$9.95
Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
$8.95
Poppy Parade Classic Stampin' Pad
Poppy Parade Classic Stampin' Pad
$5.95
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...