Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Favorites

Happy New Year!!  We celebrated early yesterday with friends, and were home safely tucked in bed long before the ball dropped at midnight.  Up early with my coffee to welcome 2015, my favorite way to start the year!  Before forging ahead, I wanted to take some time to review 10 of my favorite card projects from last year before I gear up to create some new things.  If I had blogged about it, I will include a caption underneath the photo so you can read the original post.  I feel like I learned so much this past year and I'm excited to continue growing and learning in the year ahead.  Enjoy!

My first card sale on Etsy, still holds a special spot in my heart.  :)

I love this Flower Patch stamp set.  So many possibilities!  I plan to do much more with it this year.

I loved creating a miniature scene on one of the feather die cuts.  This one reminds me to think outside the box more often!


I really like how the ocean horizon continues behind the circle onto the banner in the background.  And I love me a vivid sunset anyday!


This was a grand experiment in mixed media.  Lots of stamp sets, lots of layering and playing with gesso.  Fun!


For this one I was inspired by the Japanese gardens where they tint the water so that reflections are emphasized.  I isolated the flower head from the rest of the stamp for this one.


Possibly my favorite card of the whole year!


I sent this card to my favorite author to tell her how much I appreciate her writing and the lessons I've learned from her books.  Check her out here: Cheryl Richardson


Window to the Sea - like looking into an aquarium. 


Although this card would not fit in a regular envelope, I loved everything else about it.  That big beautiful butterfly really floats my boat!


And now on to new projects!  Have a wonderful start to your new year, and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun reading about your ten favorite cards of the year and what you liked about them. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...