Thursday, January 1, 2015

Retired Background, New Technique




For my first card of 2015, I am using a background stamp that first came out in 2004 - eleven years ago!  It's called Geometric, and I love the retro feel of it.  I am using a relatively new technique with this stamp, I believe... since the technique uses Blendabilities, and Stampin' Up! didn't carry alcohol markers until quite recently.  That's not to say that someone else didn't do this technique before with Sharpies, of course!  Jan Tinklenberg was the first one I saw do this technique, which she calles "Faux Glitter."  I just love it - SO sparkly!  The background stamp looks like this:


I first stamped it onto a piece of clear window sheet that was cut to 3 3/4" x 5", using StazOn Jet Black ink.  Then I flipped it over and colored in the rectangles on the reverse side of the panel, using Blendabilities.  I used the darkest Rich Razzleberry and Coastal Cabana, and the medium Daffodil Delight and Old Olive.  Then I mounted the panel onto a piece of silver glimmer paper that was cut exactly the same size.  I used glue dots in the corners and on the edges to adhere the window sheet to the glimmer paper, and they hardly show at all, even up close and personal.  I love that!

The sentiment comes from Perfect Pennants.  I heat embossed it in white on black cardstock, matted it on pieces of Whisper White and Melon Mambo cardstock, and then colored in the "a" with the same Blendabilities.  The sentiment piece is adhered with foam dimensionals.  And that's it!  I wanted the glittered panel to be the star of this show.  A fun, artsy birthday card that I can put away for someone special this year! 

Hope you had a great day today - thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...