Monday, February 16, 2015

Gold Lotus Notecard


Hi everyone!  Today's project is a little notecard, rather than a regular sized card.  I wanted to try heat emboss resist with the Lotus Blossom set, and it turned out to be a lot of fun to make, although a little time consuming!

This stamp set uses a three-step stamping procedure, with three images that layer over each other so that you can get all the detail on the petals in graduated colors.  To start with, I stamped the solid flower image twice onto a Very Vanilla panel using Versamark, and heat embossed the flower heads with clear embossing powder.  Once the flower heads had cooled, I sponged in the background with Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive ink. Then I took the panel to my ironing board, sandwiched it  between two pieces of scratch paper, and ironed off all of the embossing powder (a medium-hot iron, no steam).  I was left with two uninked flower head shapes in the middle of the sponged background.  Then I stamped the second of the three flower images over the top of them with Gold Encore Ink, and heat set them until the ink dried (pigment ink can take a while).  Finally I stamped the third (most detailed) image, the stems, and the sentiment in Gold Encore ink and heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.  

By this time, the Very Vanilla panel had been under my heat tool three times, so it was pretty warped.  I laid it under a heavy book for an hour or so and then used lots of tape on the back to adhere it to the Rich Razzleberry mat and then the Crumb Cake notecard.

I hope you enjoyed this project for today!  Honestly, I love the way it turned out, but I don't think I'll be mass producing these anytime soon.  ;)  Thanks for stopping by!


Product List
Heat Tool
$29.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...