Friday, March 27, 2015

A Little Something in Rainbow Stripes


Hi everyone!  Warmer weather is just around the corner, parent conferences are done, report cards are almost finished, and I am ready for a break!  I've been craving bright fun colors lately, and this card uses lots of them.  I even pulled out a LONGGG-since retired color, Green Galore, because I wanted a really vibrant lime green color and Stampin' Up! doesn't carry one at the moment.  I never throw away my retired inks!  I just collect the reinkers on Ebay and they live on forever, ha ha!  Actually, that's no joke.  I have Stampin' Up! inkpads from 2002 in my stash, and they're still as good as ever.  Quality products, my friends!

What I really wanted to do when I made this card was play with the Irresistibly Yours designer series paper, which is white, with white embossed patterns on it.  You just add your own color to see the patterns pop out.  So much fun!  Today I went with the bold stripes and sponged a rainbow of colors all over it.  Because it was so bright and busy, I needed something large and neutral to go over the top of it, so I chose this large tag from the Chalk Talk set.  I stamped it in black on Whisper White paper and die cut it out, then popped it up on my striped piece with dimensionals.  I used my retired Ticket Corner Punch to do the corners, and mounted it on a piece of Basic Black, which I also corner punched.  The whole thing went onto a Strawberry Slush card base.  The size of this card actually escapes me right now; I just trimmed things a little bigger than the Chalk Talk tag, so the finished card is just the right size to hold a gift card.  I think it would be cute for a birthday gift card holder.  The corners of the black tag are accented with Basic Rhinestones, and the corners of the card base are accented with WHITE candy dots that I colored black with a Sharpie, because I was out of actual black ones.  :)

I hope this card inspires you to pull out all the bright, fun colors that you love the most and see what you can make with them!  Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...