Saturday, March 28, 2015

Blueberry Sprig card


Hi everyone!  Today is the first day of spring break for us, woo hoo!  It's a beautiful sunny day out, and I went on a short walk earlier to enjoy it.  I am so happy winter is over!!

For today's card, I started by stamping the berry sprig from An Open Heart onto a 2 1/4" x 4 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock, using Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I stamped over that lightly with the Dictionary stamp using Hello Honey ink (stamped off once).  Then I added splotches from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set with more Hello Honey ink, and colored the sprig in with inkpads and a blender pen.  I sponged the edges in Early Espresso and mounted it to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock that measured 2 3/8" x 4 5/8".  I wrapped a double length of linen thread around the bottom and tied a bow.  As a final touch, I darkened one side of the berries with more Midnight Muse ink and added a chalk marker highlight to each berry.

That panel was adhered to a Mossy Meadow piece of Cardstock that measures 2 5/8" x 4 7/8".  Then I cut a panel of Midnight Muse cardstock that measured 3 1/8" x 5 3/8", and mounted it to a piece of Early Espresso that was 3 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I put the berry sprig panel onto the Midnight Muse panel with Stampin' Dimensionals, and then created a card base from Very Vanilla cardstock.  The card base is not the standard A2 size; I started with a piece of Very Vanilla that measured 6" x 7 1/2", and scored and folded it so that the finished card base measured 6" x 3 3/4".  I adhered the Midnight Muse panel directly to the card base with Snail adhesive.

That's a lot of measurements, whew!  I hope I didn't bore you, but I knew that since this card was not the standard size some of you might like to know.  This card would be gorgeous for almost any occasion; a good one to have in your stash!  Supplies are listed below.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or a comment? Leave it here! I do read all comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...