WHAT?! No ink at all?!! Only one color of cardstock allowed?!! I really didn't think I could do this challenge. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I love my inks and I love bright colors! But a challenge is always good for us, so I gave it my best.
This "limited supplies" task really forced me to think about shapes and textures and dimension. Reminds me of those home decor photos where they do all white on white in a room, and they use textiles and shapes to add interest. Also, it was a challenge to photograph this card and have it show up with any success. The light wasn't hitting it right outside, no matter what angle I used. I ended up getting the best results inside. I used LOTS of foam adhesive behind my layers here, even stacking up two thicknesses of dimensionals behind some of them, so that the light source would create deeper shadows around each shape and make them easier to see.
The smallest square (the one the bird is mounted to) is 2.5" x 2.5", and the one behind it is 2.75" x 2.75". The polka dot layer is 4" x 4", and the folded card base is 4.25" x 4.25".
It's really an interesting technique; very minimalist. And the supply list is a cinch!! LOL! In case you're wondering what I used the Owl Builder punch for, I just used it to get the tiny dot for the bird's eye. Thanks for looking!